Backing up your WordPress site is one of the most important tasks that you should add to your site housekeeping list 🙂
Given below are some of the plugins that I’m using now(or used in the past). Some of the other local backup WordPress plugin(s) were removed from the list due to inefficiency, lack of features, security holes and also because those plugin(s) were not updated for long..
This plugin provides protection for WordPress sites and their data.
Unlike other plugins, Online Backup for WordPress can even encrypt your backup data to keep it secure while it is downloaded, emailed, and even while it is stored.
The plugin can backup your site’s database (containing settings, pages, posts and comments) as well as its filesystem (containing media, attachments, themes and plugins) to any one of three places:
- A folder on your server
- Your email inbox
- Backup Technology’s secure data centres with 100 MB free online storage space
Backup is a plugin that provides backup capabilities for WordPress. Backups are
zip archives of created locally and uploaded to a folder of your choosing on Google Drive.
- Schedule automatic backups.
- Back up the database.
- Back up files and directories.
- Fine grained control over what gets backed up.
- Store backups locally and/or on Google Drive.
- Interrupted uploads to Google Drive automatically resume.
- Get email notifications when something goes wrong.
- The settings page interface uses standard WordPress elements to fit right in.
- Extensive contextual help included.
- Advanced options are provided to control the inner workings of the plugin.
This plugin can be used to save your complete installation including /wp-content/ and push them to an external Backup Service, like Dropbox, S3, FTP and many more, see list below. With a single backup .zip file you are able to easily restore an installation.
- Database Backup (needs mysqli)
- WordPress XML Export
- Generate a file with installed plugins
- Optimize Database
- Check and repair Database
- File backup
- Backups in zip, tar, tar.gz, tar.bz2 format (needs gz, bz2, ZipArchive)
- Store backup to directory
- Store backup to FTP server (needs ftp)
- Store backup to Dropbox (needs curl)
- Store backup to S3 services (needs curl)
- Store backup to Microsoft Azure (Blob) (needs PHP 5.3.2, curl)
- Store backup to RackSpaceCloud (needs PHP 5.3.2, curl)
- Store backup to SugarSync (needs curl)
- Send logs and backups by email
- Multi-site support only as network admin
XCloner is a Backup and Restore component designed for PHP/Mysql websites, it can work as a native plugin for WordPress and Joomla!.
XCloner design was specifically created to Generate custom backups of any LAMP website through custom admin inputs, and to be able to Restore the clone on any other location with the help of the automatic Restore script we provide, independent from the main package!
XCloner Backup tool uses Open Source standards like TAR and Mysql formats so you can rest assured your backups can be restored in a variety of ways, giving you more flexibility and full control.