This is a working and tested guide for all those who wants to transfer(copy) their SMS messages from Nokia to Android phones.
- Install Nokia Suite
- Connect your Nokia phone via USB and select Nokia Suite when prompted
- Launch Nokia Suite and backup the phone(via Tools > Backup)
- Don’t forget to backup the messages when doing the backup and deselect the options that you don’t want.
- The file will be saved in .nbu format.
- Exit Nokia Suite completely via the system tray menu.
- Install NbuExplorer & open your previously saved .nbu file
- Collapse the Messages section
- You will see two options like in the screenshot
- Right click on the predifinbox option and select Export to save all the Inbox messages
- Right click on the predsent option and select Export to save all the Sent messages
- The messages will be saved in .vmg format as multiple files.
- Copy all the .vmg files to your phone storage/SD Card.
- Install VMG Converter in your Android phone
- Launch the app and import all the .vmg files and follow the instructions
Voila ! You’ve transferred all the messages from you good ol’ Nokia 🙂
Note: I haven’t tested this method with the latest Lumia phones. If this works in your Lumia, feel free to post your comments.